In less than 10 minutes you can assemble this tasty and, dare I say it, somewhat nutritious chocolate bark. I intended to bring some in to work today but once I started snacking away.... well let's just say I'm sitting at my desk and there's no chocolate here.
This recipe does not call for any dairy, nuts, peanuts, shellfish, fish, soy, sesame, citrus, wheat, oats
3/4 bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chunks
2 tbsp uncooked sticky rice
about 2 tbsp salted roasted pumpkin seeds
about 1 tbsp shredded coconut flakes
- Begin by toasting all the toppings. First, add the rice to a dry pan and toast for about 2 minutes until it's golden brown. Quickly pulse in a coffee grinder until it's powdered with a few chunks. Set aside. Proceed to toast the coconut flakes in the same dry pan on medium low heat for a minute, set aside. Then do the same with the pumpkin seeds.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper
- Turn the stove to low heat and add the chocolate all at once to the pan which should still be hot. Begin stirring immediately as it will begin to melt right away. Once all the chocolate is melted pour it into the lined baking tray and smooth out with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the toppings on to your liking. I like a lot of pumpkin seeds and rice so I loaded up on those.
- Refrigerate for an hour before cutting into pieces and serving. This will keep in the fridge for several days if covered.
Makes about 12 pieces