These wedges are spiced a little differently. The perfect accompaniment to any grilled or roasted meat for dinner, especially blackened fish or BBQ pork.
This recipe does not call for any dairy, nuts, peanuts, egg, soy, sesame, oats, shellfish, fish
2 large sweet potatoes
1 large russet potato
2 tbsp olive oil
a few pinches each of ground thyme, ground cinnamon, and ground paprika
coarse salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Scrub the outside of the potatoes to remove all excess dirt. Add to a medium sized pot and top up with water, then boil for a half hour or until fork tender. Once cooked drain the water and top up with cold water to bring them to room temperature. When they're cool enough to handle remove from the water and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into wedges, about 6 - 8 pieces per potato.
3. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. You can use a brush to coat them all more evenly if you like. Or alternatively you can toss them in oil in a bowl first before laying out on the tray.
4. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly, including the salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, then turn the oven up to 425F and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
6. Add more salt and pepper to taste when they're fresh from the oven.