Between the nutty and smooth flavor of toasted coconut, the fresh burst of raspberries, and the deep creaminess of dark chocolate, these cookies will become a household favorite.Read More
Lately I'm on a kick of cooking foods that require minimal ingredients and just letting the star flavors shine. Kale chips are a perfect example of this. All you need is a head of kale, a couple tbsp of olive or sunflower seed oil, and a good sprinkle of sea salt. They're suitable for vegans, celiacs, and are free from dairy, nuts, peanuts, citrus, soy, shellfish, and egg. I also love how healthy they are!
1 head of kale
2 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
sea salt to taste
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the oven to 400F. Wash the kale and separate the leafy bits from the hard stems. The stems will stay pretty fibrous and woody after roasting which will compromise the light texture of the crisps. Break the leaves into smaller pieces and lay them out evenly on the tray. It's fine if they overlap but avoid whole chunks being covered as they'll steam under there. Drizzle the oil over the kale and then sprinkle with salt. Place the tray on the middle rack of the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes. The leaves should be crispy and browned. Add more salt to taste and then serve immediately.
This recipe does not call for any dairy, nuts, peanuts, egg, fish, shellfish
1 chicken breast cut into cubes
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp orange juice
4 tbsp coconut milk
1 ripe kiwi
2 pieces of your favorite allergen-free bread
sesame or poppy seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the chicken cubes. Saute for several minutes until browned, then flip over and brown the other side.
- Mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, orange juice, and coconut milk and add all at once to the pan.
- Peel the kiwi and dice finely. Add to the pan and mix well.
- Turn the heat to medium low and simmer until the sauce has reduced by about 2/3.
-While the sauce is reducing you can toast your bread and slice the avocado.
- When ready to serve add some slices of avocado to the top of the toast and lightly press down with a fork. Spoon some chicken over top and garnish with the seeds of your choice. I also like to use flax seeds if I have them on hand.